Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Child Care, Allergist, Swimming, and More

I thought I would do an update post after doing the posts of all of our pictures. First off, life continues to be really busy. Rob is off for two and a half weeks until he starts having training. I start training in a week and a half. I am looking forward to getting back in the swing but I don't want to let go of this precious time that I am spending with my kids.

First off, daycare has been situated for the most part but there is a glitch. Peter is set and I think it will be a wonderful fit. He is going to go to a Montessori school/daycare that has an amazing staff. It is in the North End of Tacoma so I am once again going to have a long drive but it is well worth it. Carlie is either go to go to a wonderful in home daycare near Peter's daycare or is going to a center near me. It will be determined if this girl starts taking a bottle better. She did great today with taking 3 ounces while Peter and I went to speech and swimming. This is thanks to Kathy for the advice. Kathy has been part of my life since I was 6 and has 5 wonderful children, 2 grandbabies, and a slough of children that have been through her in home child care. She is always the one I call for help with situations like this. Carlie has a trial run with the in home daycare while I am in training for the district. I hope it all works out. Otherwise, I will go to the other location and nurse her during lunch. That sure would make a very busy day.

Today was a very busy day. We started by going to visit Peter's new daycare. We saw some of his friends from his old day care. I am so excited about that because this should make the transition easier. Then we headed off to the allergist. Peter hid under the table, away from Dr. Larson. We believe that he remembers that he gets poked in this office. We all agreed to get Peter tested for Celiac today and that blood draw would also give his RAST scores to see if he is still allergic to wheat. We have been given the go ahead to introduce eggs and peanuts. I am going to hold off on the peanuts though. He really doesn't need them. He did awsome with the blood draw. We then headed home. He did not take a nap, the little stinker was reading his books. So, Peter and I headed off to speech and had a great time with his therapist where we played on the swing, played with shaving cream, and read books. His speech is getting so much better, it was very evident while Sydney was visiting. Then we headed to Jamba Juice for a treat for doing so well at the allergist. Finally, we went swimming. He had a little time that he did not want to participate and then jumped in, literally. For the first time, Peter jumped into the pool and loved it! He has always been very hesitant but not today, he jumped in so hard, I thought I would not be able to catch him. On the way home, he fell asleep but only for a few minutes. By the time he hit bed, he tried to read his books but that did not last long. I was so proud of him today.

That is where we are at the moment. We are off to Bellvue tomorrow to go to Whole Foods, Lakeshore, and The Right Start. We are going to go check out the Britax Frontier harnessed booster. I think this is the seat that we want to get Peter. It is a little spendy but well worth the money when you think about it lasting 9 years and keeping my kiddo buckled in as long as I can. He is just not ready for a booster at this point, especially since a lot of research is stating that kids are not ready for boosters until age 4, the earliest. Here is a peek at it:

One last thing, I forgot to tell Peter's measurements! He is a square, yet again. He is 39 inches and 39 lbs. He has gained 3.5 inches and 3.5 lbs. in the last year.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hi!
I feel so fortunate to have come across your blog! Your little Peter Monkey is quite the character!

I also enjoy the "traumas" and trials of these little people. Each one is a small but great milestone in all of your lives!

Not having children myself I found myself laughing at a 3 yr old's antics.

Thank you for sharing them. If you don't mind, I'd love to check in on them again!

Cathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails