Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Verdict

Carlie is 6 months as of yesterday! Yeah! My sweet girl has changed so much in the past 6 months and we truly are in shock that it has gone so fast. With her 6 month birthday, she headed off to the allergist. The allergist was happy with her growth and how great she looks. He was not going to test her but I talked him into it. We found out that she is mildly allergic to milk. That is do able for us. The eating plan for her is to start rice cereal and yellow food, move on to green food, add chicken to her diet, and then all other meat. She will not be getting wheat until she is a year old. I will be adding soy, wheat, and egg to my diet. She will get a new food every 3 days and then we will go 5 days when I try a new food. I plan to get her going on 5 or so foods for her and then start to add to my diet. I look forward to eating wheat but am a little saddened that I will not be able to have my milk shake and In 'n Out when we got to California for Christmas. Plus, milk is hidden in so many foods, like fries at most of the fast food places.

Our true blessing is that I have been on this special diet for all of this time. If I had not, the allergy could have been worse or had gone into other foods. Plus we may have had a cranky baby all of this time. We are feeling very blessed that she has the family allergy and nothing more and that we know about it.

Carlie did try banana yesterday and liked it. We have some pictures and video that I hope to upload today or tomorrow. I also need to take her 6 month photos and will upload them as soon as I can. Also be looking for a post about 2 more teeth coming in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails