Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Way I View Back To School ~ Clickin Mom

This year, I am trying something a little different.  I am a member of Clickin' Moms, an online forum for mom's who love photography.  There are amateurs and pros there, always willing to share what they have learned.  This year there is a 12 month challenge.  It is "The Way I View ______".
This month is Back to School.

As a teacher, back to school is hectic.  Being married to a teacher and a parent to a 1st grader and preschool, it truly makes this time of year insane!  September truly is not my favorite month because I like to be in the rhythm of school but the excitement always happens.  One of my favorite parts is to document my kids for this special event.
IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

Of course, there is homework...
Day 265 - homework.

and late nights!
Day 261 - finally home

With all of the excitement comes is exhaustion!
Day 267 - little light on, book open, and sound asleep. The book and the light weren't supposed to be part of bedtime but he loves to read so much.


And self portaits for open house!
Day 268 - Peter 1st grade self portrait

Every now and then one of us gets to participate, like in Homecoming at our own University, where we got to go back to school.
IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

While we admire our mascot, Boxer.
IMG_1326.jpg

And, of course, some football.
IMG_1323.jpg

This past month was so hectic, I barely had time to take photos.  One last thing that back to school reminds me of is the Puyallup fair.  It always starts a few days after school gets out.  This year, Carlie had her "face in the fair" in the photography exhibit.  She was so proud of this for most of the month.
IMG_1223.jpg

Please check out the other views of Back to School that were photographed from other Clickin Moms. Check out Rhonda's Blog to see her Back to School Pictures.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Love your pics! September is a BUSY time for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails