As Peter would say, "I tired." Life has been a little crazy during the last week. First, let's start with the kids' daycare, Good Beginnings. They are closing. I had heard rumors that this might happen but the director convinced me that it was not going to until I got the later saying that it is. We could start there at the beginning of the school year but I would prefer to have them start at their new locations. I have been to so many daycares. Right now it looks like Carlie is going to Alphabet Daycare and Preschool which is right near my school. Tomorrow we are going to tour North Tacoma Montessori for Peter. Carlie would start there after she turns one. I know it means a long drive but it sounds like it might be a good fit for Peter. That is what is most important.
Another thing that has been going on is Peter is finally getting Speech services. We met with one therapist but I don't believe she was a good fit for him. She let him lead and that meant that he went from activitiy to activity rather quickly. The next time we came in, there was a scheduling conflict and it worked out for the best because we met with an amazing therapist. We will be seeing her again this week and next week. Oh, we also found out that he is only -1.67 standard deviations below the mean which means that he not going to qualify for Special Education preschool but we still will go to the assesment in September.
To top things off, Rob has had a procedure done. My wonderful OBGYN told me that Dr. Kim, who is an urologist, would be so hard to get in to see for a vasectomy. Well, Rob went in two weeks ago and he had surgery this past Friday. No more children for us. He needs to be taking an easy and life is just busy. I can't wait until he is all healed and can carry Carlie across the room.
Finally, we are potty train. We have tried to wait until Peter is ready but he could care less. All the daycares and preschools say he has to be potty trained. So, we bought him training pants and a different potty and he is actually going but only because we make him sit on it so much. He does not run when he feels the urge and does care a little that the "big boy underwear" is wet but not enough to do any thing about it. He just sort of whimpers. We are only on day 3 though so we will get there. At least he went pee pee three times yesterday and even pooped!
No comments:
Post a Comment