Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Point Defience Park

Peter and I headed out this morning for a doctors appt. and decided to go down to Point Defiance Park and the Rose Garden.  We ended up walking around the Pagoda, the Japanese garden, and down to the waterfront.  These were all with my Canon 100mm Macro. 

Of course, I did some test shots before leaving home. 
IMG_7373.jpg

IMG_7374.jpg

Rose Garden
IMG_7377.jpg

IMG_7381.jpg
Peter taking his photos.

IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

IMG_7401.jpg

IMG_7405.jpg
This is straight out of camera.  Nothing altered, not even lighting.

IMG_7411.jpg
Hi Mr. Spider!

IMG_7414.jpg

IMG_7419.jpg
Peter loved the inside of this flower.

IMG_7439.jpg

IMG_7444.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

IMG_7461.jpg
Silly boy!

IMG_7479.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg
These ants were just racing past us.

IMG_7491.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

Now here is the lesson that I learned today.  I have been playing with aperture and have been struggling with it with this lens.  I always question what aperture (f stop) to use when things are close up or far away.  Here is a slightly further away group of shots.  The lens has a smaller whole to take the photo from when the f-stop is a higher number.  Thus, f/10 the lens is closed down compared to f/4 where the lens is really open and lets in a ton of light.
IMG_7416.jpg
f/10    1/125sec

IMG_7417.jpg
f/6.3   1/100sec

IMG_7418.jpg
f/4.0    1/320sec

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails