This past weekend, we had a wonderful time going to the Sandy Mountain Festival in Oregon. We love to go and support the Sandy Optimist Club with their booth of Raspberry Shortcake. The Mountain Festival is where artist sale their crafts from photography to artwork with wood. We ran into someone from college, Jackie Miles ( http://www.jackiemiles.com/ ) who has amazing photographs that she was selling. It was great to catch up with her.
We also saw a weaver. Peter loved seeing her loom.



Later we headed to the Optimist booth and got some Raspberries.

We had visited with the fire fighters and got firefighter hats.

The kids were absolutely exhausted to say the least after Aunt Ang's party the day before so we headed back to grandma and grandpa's for a nap and I to work on the family photos that I had done.
Now that we have been home for a few days. We have been trying to rest but still tired from the trip. Peter and Carlie went to the dentist yesterday. Peter was a rock star. He did wonderful. I do have a picture of him being awesome but have to pull it off of my other camera. Carlie wanted nothing to do with the whole visit and only got the front of her teeth cleaned. Maybe next year.
Today was sort of rainy. This evening it came down really hard, not like Washington rain normally does. I decided to play with shutter speed.

Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)

Exposure 0.033 sec (1/30)

Exposure 0.003 sec (1/320)
I am just amazed at the differences of each picture. The rain was the same speed the whole time, just pouring and pounding the house. It was so bad, I thought sprinklers were constantly hitting our house. At least the plants got watered.
We also saw a weaver. Peter loved seeing her loom.



Later we headed to the Optimist booth and got some Raspberries.

We had visited with the fire fighters and got firefighter hats.

The kids were absolutely exhausted to say the least after Aunt Ang's party the day before so we headed back to grandma and grandpa's for a nap and I to work on the family photos that I had done.
Now that we have been home for a few days. We have been trying to rest but still tired from the trip. Peter and Carlie went to the dentist yesterday. Peter was a rock star. He did wonderful. I do have a picture of him being awesome but have to pull it off of my other camera. Carlie wanted nothing to do with the whole visit and only got the front of her teeth cleaned. Maybe next year.
Today was sort of rainy. This evening it came down really hard, not like Washington rain normally does. I decided to play with shutter speed.

Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)

Exposure 0.033 sec (1/30)

Exposure 0.003 sec (1/320)
I am just amazed at the differences of each picture. The rain was the same speed the whole time, just pouring and pounding the house. It was so bad, I thought sprinklers were constantly hitting our house. At least the plants got watered.
No comments:
Post a Comment