Thursday, November 27, 2008

She is allergic to...

So our story starts last week when the doctor gave Carlie amoxicillin, which mommy is allergic to. She started throwing up at the night time dossing. We thought she had too much in her belly between solids and breastfeeding. The doctor on call agreed after it happened 3 times. We spaced out the feeding and the nursing with medicine. Last night, I thought she had flea bites from daycare but were really unsure about it. Nope, they are not flea bites, they are hives all over her back and are spreading across her belly. Of course, we found this out as we are stripping her down this morning because she threw up the medicine again. Unfortuantely, not alot of the medicine came out. I sort of want to go gag her to get more out but we will make due. Thank goodness she can't feel hives because they look painful. Obviously, no more medicine for her.

I don't know what it is about my family and having hives or really bad sicknesses at holidays. My hives from medicines were Christmas and Easter. Peter spent his first few Christmases in the ER for breathing issues. Now Carlie has made us thankful that she can't feel her hives. Yuck!

Pictures are coming soon, as soon as I can find my cord for my camera.

P.S. Pictures of my new haircut will come after I shock everyone this weekend with it. Let's just say, you would not recognize me walking down the street.

1 comment:

SarahB said...

Poor little Carlie! I'm allergic to penicillin too and clearly remember the first time I had the hives -- not painful just terribly itchy! I hope she's feeling much better very soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails