Thursday was a very rough day for me. We had a late start for Tacoma Public Schools and so did Rob at first. Half way to school, Rob heard that his school was canceled so he headed home. I got to Peter's daycare and really questioned going home. I took Carlie to daycare and decided to go back and get Peter because I did not like the way the roads looked. I ended up taking the kids to school and Rob got them and I stayed at school. It snowed from noon on. I had 3 inches on my car by the time I left school. It then took my 4 hours to drive a 30 minute commute. I learned:
1. How to use a skid to your advantage.
2. To use every gear I have, thank goodness I have 4 plus drive.
3. How to get out of a fish tail.
4. How to drive on a couple inches of ice.
5. I really do prefer snow driving instead of ice driving.
6. Rob believes that I shed my Californian status because of this drive, and the fact that I went out in it the next morning.
I got home safely and had two excited children and I was so thankful to be home.
2. To use every gear I have, thank goodness I have 4 plus drive.
3. How to get out of a fish tail.
4. How to drive on a couple inches of ice.
5. I really do prefer snow driving instead of ice driving.
6. Rob believes that I shed my Californian status because of this drive, and the fact that I went out in it the next morning.
I got home safely and had two excited children and I was so thankful to be home.
We woke up Friday with the question, "What should we do?" We planned to go to Oregon on Saturday to fly out Sunday to California. After talking to Rob's family, we decided that we had to go to Oregon that day. I got studded tires and we headed out. The road was not too bad all the way down. After we got a sled for Peter and got to the house, we started to watch the news and started to worry again.
We woke up to more snow Saturday morning and knew it was going to get worse. I called the airlines, changed our flight, and we were out the door within an hour. We forgot a lot of things but we got to the airport safely, thank you Lori. The road was not fun going in. We made our flight, the plane got de-iced twice, and we were flying. We got to California a couple hours later.
The storm hit hard in Oregon and Washington today. We would not have been able to get out if we had waited so we are very thankful that we are already here.
We hope that all of our friends in the Northwest are safe and cozy. Enjoy your time in your cuddled up in a warm place.
1 comment:
It's beautiful here! Glad you made it safe and sound. Jeff called in to work today. I'd guess we have between 9 and 10" since Thursday.
Post a Comment